Legion of 5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A lotro Guild

MainPortalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegisterHome

Technical Issues

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sandymen

Technical Issues Empty
PostSubject: Technical Issues   Technical Issues EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:47 am

Alright so last night LOTRO was having some issues and I was wondering if anyone has had the same problems or might have a solution for me.

In a nutshell, I would start the game client, log in, select my toon and then when the loading screen came just about to full the game would crash and Vista tells me something along the lines of "Your LOTROClient has stopped working". No explanation or anything from my comp as to why. And this happened a few times even after restarting my comp a few times.

I did finally get in game played for maybe 10 minutes and then bam, same issue. "LOTROClient has stopped working".

Before I uninstall and reinstall and spend a day or two getting all the patches I would probably need to grab, does anyone have any advice?
Back to top Go down
Darjeeling
Admin
Darjeeling

Technical Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technical Issues   Technical Issues EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:00 am

Until you said you logged inand played for 10 minutes before it happened again, it sounded like the common DX10 issue that has hit a lot of people.
But they usually can't get that far, just hat beginning part that you mentioned.

That error is generally related to a graphics problem.
You can try, and i dunno if that'll work, but at your char screen I think you can access your game options.
open them, uncheck DX10 and drop your graphics to low quality.
Save it and log in.

Play for a few minutes, port to the kinhouse, let the stuff all load, etc, and then log off.
Created a new character play through the opening sequence a bit.

Then reset your graphics to where they were and log back in.
This, in theory, should give the game server, and your computer time to exchange information regarding your settings, and fix any conflicts that occured over whatever time.
Back to top Go down
https://legionof5.darkbb.com
Sandymen

Technical Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technical Issues   Technical Issues EmptyFri May 01, 2009 11:42 am

I will have to give that a go tonight. Gracias.

I am getting into that zone where I want to jump back into Lotro after a month or so of to much work and a lot of reading and now that I want to jump back in, my comp is taking issue with me.... figures lol.
Back to top Go down
Bar
Officer
Officer
Bar

Technical Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technical Issues   Technical Issues EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:54 am

So.. by "getting into" Sandy really meant "not even close to".
Back to top Go down
Sandymen

Technical Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technical Issues   Technical Issues EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:06 am

Real life strikes when you least expect it!
Back to top Go down
Bar
Officer
Officer
Bar

Technical Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technical Issues   Technical Issues EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:38 am

What is this "real life" you speak of?
Back to top Go down
Sandymen

Technical Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technical Issues   Technical Issues EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:54 am

It is a magical land of beasts and other demonic devices that attach themselves to you and slowly begin to destroy you.... if I had known better I would have begun kicking and screaming like a girl... but alas... I was too slow....
Back to top Go down
Bar
Officer
Officer
Bar

Technical Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technical Issues   Technical Issues EmptyThu May 21, 2009 3:41 pm

Sounds scary. I think I will avoid this evil place at all costs....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Technical Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technical Issues   Technical Issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legion of 5 :: Legion of 5 :: Public :: General-
Jump to: